At The Chemistry Group, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to be brilliant at work. We use principles of psychology and behavioral science to help organizations assess and understand people, using this data to drive organizational outcomes. We use data gathered through assessments, interviews, and observations to define the characteristics of high performance in organizations. We call this What Great Looks Like (WGLL™). By knowing WGLL™, organizations can more effectively select and develop great talent.
As a Behavioral Scientist, you will use data and statistical analyses to derive insights that help our clients understand WGLL™ in the critical roles within their organizations. As a member of the Science team, you will work in small, cross-functional teams to deliver client work and contribute to product development. You will partner with our Delivery, Tech, and Sales teams to provide clients with assessments and solutions that meet their business needs.
The Science team are responsible for designing and validating assessments for use in pre-employment selection and performance management. The team are experts in data analysis and statistics and are responsible for conducting analyses, interpreting results as they apply to the client, and communicating results to both internal and external stakeholders. You will spend your time develop assessments and analyzing data to uncover insights that are meaningful for organizations.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide expertise in psychometrics and assessments including personality assessments, cognitive ability assessments, situational judgement tests, and structured interviews.
- Develop assessments, providing organizations with data on people to inform selection and development practices.
- Provide expertise on research methods and basic and advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and conducting statistical work for assigned area.
- Apply knowledge of statistical procedures and psychometric methods to conduct both routine and ad hoc statistical analyses
- Identify relationships between psychological variables and job performance through analysis.
- Combine and analyze people data to evaluate the success of assessments in improving organizational outcomes and predicting performance.
- Communicate results of analyses to internal and external stakeholders to help them interpret statistical findings.
- Prepare statistical reports on findings that clearly communicate the results found and how to interpret these results.
- Partner with Delivery to communicate the data narrative to organizational stakeholders.
- Conduct research on assessment development techniques, statistical analysis techniques, I-O psychology, and behavioral science and apply research to improve tools and practices.
- Assist in automation of data analysis and report generation to increase efficiency and decrease error.
- Update and conduct routine maintenance of, databases and analysis tools.
- Assist in the development of new tools and assessments.
- Advanced degree in Psychological Measurement, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Psychometrics, or related field with an emphasis on quantitative analysis or psychometrics.
- Hands-on experience conducting both basic and advanced statistical analyses.
- Expertise in research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Proficiency with data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Excel, R).
- Interest in applying social science research and data analysis techniques to solve organizational challenges.
- Ability to communicate complex results to audiences with varying degrees of science literacy.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to complete projects.
How you’ll grow
Our intent is to give everyone the opportunity to be brilliant at work, including everyone who works at The Chemistry Group. To ensure everyone does their best work every day, we focus on our own development. We provide regular, constructive feedback to support each other’s’ continuous growth. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn and sharpen your skills in whatever direction you’d like to grow. We use quarterly OKRs to make sure your development is on-going and in tune with the needs of the business. If you need to learn something new to progress and do your job better, we’ll make sure it happens. We love to develop and promote our own people, so if you make it through the door, we’ll make sure you have every opportunity to get to where you want to go.
This position will require travel within the United States and to the UK. Must have a valid passport and be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Chemistry is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
When we say our intent is to give everyone the opportunity to be brilliant at work, of course we extend that to you.
That’s why we focus on our development and ensure that we provide each other feedback regularly to support each others continuous growth.
We also use quarterly OKRs to make sure your development is constantly on-going and in tune with the needs of the business. If you need to do something to progress and do your job better, we’ll make sure it happens.
And we love to develop and promote our own people, so if you make it through the door, we’ll make sure you have every opportunity to get where you want to go – all you have to do is take it!
Plus you'll wonder how you ever lived without the free beer on tap in the office!
25 days holiday + 11 Federal Holidays