Consulting at Chemistry
It’s a hugely exciting time to join the UK Consulting Team at The Chemistry Group. Every day we have the opportunity to deliver amazing projects for amazing clients, including Experian, House of Fraser, The Co-op, and SAP, and to create a name for ourselves as the place to go for accurate Talent Selection, Assessment and Performance tools for FTSE 100 organisations.
At Chemistry, we bring together the latest thinking in I-O psychology, high performance cloud technology and business expertise to deliver bespoke solutions aimed at transforming the way organisations work through people. We partner with our clients on their people strategies to deliver measurable competitive advantage no matter what market they work in. Through our award winning approach we guarantee you will have opportunities you would normally only dream about, working with an impressive list of clients and with plenty of opportunity to work directly with C level contacts. This might mean helping organisations work through strategic change or challenges by defining ‘What Great Looks Like’ in Talent, designing new recruitment processes, and providing team insight on capabilities and motivations.
We have been working globally since day one, from the UK, and have recently expended in to the USA - opening our California office in 2015, and our New York office in 2017.
Our consultants are accountable for quality of the solutions we deliver to our clients. They do this by ensuring the project achieves the agreed outcomes for both the client and Chemistry. Consultants are expected to manage a number of client projects from inception to conclusion, often with them running concurrently.
- Acting as both champion and guardian of Chemistry’s intent and methodology, as well as the customer’s goals, as defined during the sales process
- Ensuring key commercial, scope or stakeholder management decisions are made in line with Chemistry’s intent and customer’s goals, using agreed processes
- Consistently researching customer, customer industry and talent trends to provide an informed opinion and thought-leadership to key stakeholders
- Shifting the customer’s belief about how they assess talent (internal/external) and embedding our language/ methodology within their vernacular, way of thinking and approach to making talent decisions
- Delivering exceptional work, on time. This should lead to securing repeat business and securing referrals from the customer
- Building strong partnerships with customer stakeholders. This ranges from holding project relationships to C-suite. Relationship “ownership” should be defined in the account plan
- Securing referrals from our customer base so we can extend the work we do into other parts of the business and other companies
- Supporting Sales in scoping out solutions (once they have been qualified), inputting into the “win” plan and taking action against it
- Identify opportunities for growth in existing customer organisations
- Partnering with sales to update and track activity against the customer account plan.
- Line managing at least one Junior Consultant (JC) and providing regular, timely feedback about their performance
- Setting OKR’s for their Direct Report(s) and holding monthly review sessions to track and discuss performance. Every member of the Delivery team should know how they are performing at all times
- Role modeling best practice amongst the wider Delivery team, as well as their own improvement as managers
When we say our intent is to give everyone the opportunity to be brilliant at work, of course we extend that to you.
That’s why we focus on our development and ensure that we provide each other feedback regularly to support each others continuous growth.
We also use quarterly OKRs to make sure your development is constantly on-going and in tune with the needs of the business. If you need to do something to progress and do your job better, we’ll make sure it happens.
And we love to develop and promote our own people, so if you make it through the door, we’ll make sure you have every opportunity to get where you want to go – all you have to do is take it!
Plus you'll wonder how you ever lived without the free beer on tap in the office!
28 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays